Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Beginning

Ok, so I have had a few setbacks. We didn't get to have the garage sale due to rain, but we will. I received my Total Money Makeover book and workbook in the mail last week, but due to my Aunt having a stroke and then passing away a few days later, I did not get started reading it until today. I must say it is a very interesting book and really makes you think about the way you spend your money. I have started keeping a log of how much money I spend and where. I also sat down today and worked out a budget that I hope to stick to. My first step is going to be to get a $1000.00 Emergency fund. Once I have that done, I will start paying extra on my credit cards and hope to have those paid off within 6 weeks. After that, I will start on paying extra on the student loan that we had to take out to send our oldest daughter to Syl@n Learning Center....we don't want to talk about that....Once that expense is paid off, I will work on the trucks, then the trailer, then the mortgage. I am hoping to have the book finished by the end of the month and then beginning Aug 1, starting with my plan. I will keep you all updated!

No comments: