Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

What a Week....

WOW!! The last couple of weeks around here have not been the best. It all started with my aunt having a stroke and passing away several days later and all the stuff that goes along with that. My poor cousin, mother and grandparents are having a tough time with it. Aunt Gail will be missed. On top of that, it has rained and rained and rained some more. So needless to stay it is hot and humid!!

On a lighter note, how was your July 4th?? Ours was pretty nice. We went down to our neighbors house for food and fireworks. I hate buying fireworks. Yes, they are neat, pretty and all and they are fun for the kids. But I have such a hard time not thinking, "there goes money.....literally up in smoke!" Call me cheap, chinchy or whatever, but I am so determined to become debt free that I have a hard time justifying that kind of expense...and when I say "that kind of expense", I mean $100.00 worth!! Yes, the wonderful hubby spent $100.00 on FIREWORKS!

Speaking of being "debt free". I have started reading Dave Ramsey's, Total Money Makeover. It really is a good book and makes you think alot about the way you spend money. I plan on having the book finished by the end of the month, so that I can start in August on becoming debt free. I will be doing post documenting our "journey" to become debt free under the Total Money Makeover tab at the top of my blog. I hope you will follow along and maybe even join along.

I know I haven't posted any pics, but maybe I will get that accomplished along with some scrapbook layouts tomorrow since the girls are gone to their grandparents house and there is no telling when they will come back. Their grandparents live on the lake and have a blast while they are there. Well, it is going on 9:00 here and I am kinda tired, so I am going to get off of here. Hope you all have a FABULOUS Friday!!

No comments: