Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Teenagers....enough said!

Life with a teenage girl is not easy!! Perfect example, today Kristyn has TAKS test. The school sent out an email asking that all cell phones be kept at home because they would be taken up if brought to school. So, this morning before we left I told Kristyn to leave her phone at home, she asked if she could leave it in the truck when she got out. I agreed. Well, we get to school, she gets out and I ask her where her phone is, to which she replied, "I don't know", I then said, "give me your phone right now", suddenly she finds it in her jacket pocket and brings it to me. As I am driving off, the window is still down and I hear her exclaim, "OH MY GOSH!" This is her "phrase" when she thinks something is absolutely ridiculous. If I had not had to get Ryleigh to school and had not been in my bright yellow frog fleece pants, I would have brought her back to the truck and taken care of her mouth. Needless to say, she is in for a rude awakening today when she gets out of school. Her phone is being taken away and when she gets it back there will be restrictions on it. For instance, there will only be certain times that she can use it (I will set the times on verizon so it will be inoperable) and I am going to take the texting off. Kristyn is a really good kid and has never given us any bit of trouble, but I cannot deal with a smart mouth, and I won't! I love my kids more than anything, and I want to be their friend, but I am their parent first and foremost. I know this is minor and it could be so much worse, but I won't tolerate a smart mouth and she knows it. Ok, I feel better now! Thanks for listening and for those of you who have gone through the teenage years with a girl and have any suggestions, please feel free to pass them along....Hope you have a wonderful day!

No comments: