Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

I am terrible at this.....

Blogging....I am awful at it!! I look at blogs everyday, but never feel like I have anything remotely important to blog about...However, I am hoping to get better at this. So, to start off fresh..again, I am going to let you in on the happenings around our household because I know you are dying to know what goes on around here. Heck, who am I kidding, I don't even know if anyone reads this...But anyways, first of all, it is HOT here in Texas!! Like "stay in the house unless you are near a body of water" hot!! I don't like the heat..or the cold for that matter. Give me Spring and Fall and I am a happy girl. The girls are getting ready to go back to school. Ryleigh will be in 5th grade and Kristyn will be a freshman (tears...). Kristyn has started high school volleyball two a days and has her first two tournaments of her high school career this weekend and one of them is at my old high school. She made JV cheerleader so she also has to cheer for the scrimmage they have on Saturday. Needless to say this is going to be a busy year for her. She is also talking about playing golf, tennis and running track. Not sure all of those will happen, but you never know. As long as she keeps her grades up and enjoys what she is doing, I will support her and be there to cheer her on. On Sunday we are going school shopping, so needless to say it is going to be a busy weekend. Doodle has only been home 3 1/2 months since last October, so basically I am a single parent. He was in Montana from Oct-Feb, North Dakota from mid-May until 3 weeks ago when he went to West Texas. He did manage to come home for 2 days before he went to West Texas (where it is REALLY hot). We, or should I say I, have started the process of getting ready to build a new home...I am hoping to start it somewhere between March and June. I am sooooo excited! The girls and I started going back to church on Sunday..I am so glad we are going back. I didn't realize how much I missed it and the people until I went back. We go to a Cowboy church and the people are really laid back and nice. We went last night and Kristyn went to Youth and really liked it. It helps that she knows alot of the people there and some of the girls that she plays volleyball with go there too. I am going back to work...for the school district!! YEA!!! I have been subbing for the district since I became a SAHM 3 1/2 years ago. I had applied for a job last year and actually did the job as a long term sub at the beginning of last year, but the Superintendent decided not to hire for it and just moved someone from the high school over. When another position was opened this year, the principle asked me if I would like it and I said "yes"....so, I took the test and made a 97 on it. I go back on the 17th and the school year officially starts on the 27th. I know it won't be much money, but I am fortunate that I don't have to work for the money. This is giving me something to do during the day and still be home when my kids are home along with making a little bit of money. I will be in the same school as Ryleigh working with 4th and 5th graders. Well, that is about it for now....gotta go pick up Kristyn from her morning practice session, only to have to take her back in a few hours.....I feel like I need to put a "free taxi" sign on the top of my vehicle....but to be honest, I would not have it any other day! Hope you have a great day!!

No comments: