Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wonderful Weekend Recap

What a great weekend! Friday I had to sub at the Jr high andRyleigh had her first basketball practice. Saturday afternoon we went over to Heath and Lisa's house. Heath and Doodle grew up together and Heath's oldest son and our daughter, Kristyn are exactly 1 month apart. Heath's youngest son and our youngest daughter, Ryleigh are 6 months apart. The last time that I had seen Heath's boys was too long ago to remember and the kids had never met. Anyway, we went over there and ate dinner. We got home around 10:00 and I dropped Doodle off at home and then took Kristyn to an all night skate at the skating rink and then I came home and crawled into bed.

I had made another New Year's resolution that I was going to get back into church and I figured there is no time like the present! I had such a great day. Doodle was unable to make it to church because a guy was coming over to buy one of our boats (Thank you Jesus) but Ryleigh and I went (Kristyn was sleeping..recovering from her night out) and after church a little friend of hers came home with us and we went to the grocery store...fun times! The service was great. Our Pastor talked about how we are all given "gifts" and in order to use the gift that we are given we have to be in the will of God and walking the walk. If or when we get out of the will of God (which I must admit I have done lately) the gift is still there for us when we decide to get back into God's will and do what He wants us to do instead of what we feel we need to do. For me, it is so easy for me to say, "I am going to stay home this Sunday, I will go next Sunday", but I don't. When I am in church and I don't mean just going to Sundays, I mean actively involved in church, I can tell such a difference in my life. God has blessed me with a healthy family, the ability to be a stay at home mom, a husband who loves me faults and all and works so hard to provide for our faimly and too many other things to mention. I owe Him so much but I will NEVER be able to repay Him for all that He has done for little, old me....What can I say....I love HIM! Today was the start of me getting my life back into the perfect will of God.

Well, tomorrow I am getting back on my 2010 "clean up and clean out" campaign. I plan on tackleing the laundry room and the dressers and closets....I'll let ya know how that goes... :)

No comments: