Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

It's Snowing in Texas......again

I don't mean to seem ungrateful, but I am really sick of this weather. One day it is absolutely beautiful (this past Saturday) and then two days later it is snowing. This is Texas, east Texas at that and it never snows here. Well, this is the 3rd time since December 4 and frankly I am sick of it!! I WANT SPRING TIME AND I WANT IT QUICK! I don't know how people live in places that snows or is cold 90% of the time. I could not handle that. I am ready for days where I can get outside and work in the yard and plant some flowers in my flower bed and mow the yard. Yes, you read me correctly, I am ready to be able to MOW!! Everything around here is dead and the yard looks nasty because the grass is brown. Lord, I want green grass....please.

How has everyone been?? We have been really busy...here is a sample of our schedule:

Monday - Kristyn basketball practice
Tuesday - Ryleigh softball practice
Wednesday - church
Thursday - Ryleigh softball practice, Kristyn basketball practice
Friday - Ryleigh basketball practice
Saturday - basketball games, Ryleigh softball practice
Sunday - church, Ryleigh softball practice

Busy, busy, busy!! Ryleigh plays on two different softball teams, one is a league team and one is a select team that plays tournaments twice a month on the weekends. The league team will only be for a couple of months and luckily her coach is her coach for both teams so I don't have to worry about overlapping practices/games. Kristyn decided not to play softball this year so she is about to start doing gymnastics when basketball is over, which is in a couple of weeks. Needless to say I am thankful when something gets cancelled, like tonight...NO PLACE TO BE!! Thank God because I don't think I could handle sitting out in the cold. I am not one of those parents that sits in the warm vehicle while their child is out in the cold practicing. I figured if she can do it, I can too. Thankfully there has not been many of the cold practices but there has been alot of the scorching hot ones. I think last year was the absolute worst! It was so hot we were having to keep a cooler with ice & water mixed with Seabreeze (facial cleaner) in order to wipe the girls down with towels to keep them cooled down. Kristyn played catcher so she had all the gear on and I worried constantly about her.

Anyway, life is good and I wouldn't change a thing. My kids will only be little once and I know that once they are grown and gone, I will miss the days of running around constantly and never having a free day. I thank God everyday for the wonderful life that I have. I am truely blessed!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

3 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Again??? My goodness!!!

Barbara said...

DeAnna, Hope you find this comment and come to visit. I have a list of Texas bloggers and will add you to my list. I have added my name to your followers and hope you will do the same. I don't know where you live in east Texas, but I bet it is not far from me.

Barbara

Barbara said...

Well I went to join your followers and you do't have a list, you should get one, it is fun to see who signs up.

Barbara