Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Congratulations Lindsey & Tiki

Yesterday I went and met Ry's class up at Dairy Day. All week long kids from the kids from the surrounding areas have been showing their animals. The sale is this Friday. Anyway, our good friends (Tammey & Bubba) daughter, Lindsey (her and Kristyn are best friends) showed her lamb. She has never shown an animal before and she won first place in her class, Grand Champion and first in Showmanship. She received one blue ribbon, two belt buckles, grand champion banner and was also interviewed for the radio. Our other friends (Winston & Rae) daughter Montana, showed her pig. It was the cutest thing. She is in the third grade and is about the size of Ry (who is in the first grade). Tiki's pig was bigger than she was. Anyway, she also did really well. She took first place in her class and I think 3rd overall (behind grandchampion and reserve grand champion). Kristyn is now wanting to show an animal. She wanted to do it when Lindsey, Patiencen & Tiki, but at that time Doodle was working out of state and those that know me will know that I have absolutely no idea about raising an animal. Doodle told her that when he gets home, she can show an animal. Well, he is home and she is wanting to show an animal in Liberty in October. So, it looks like we will start going to the 4H meetings now. This is going to be interesting to say the least. I try to let my kids be involved in the things that interest them (basketball, softball, tumbling, girl scouts and who knows what else). I think it is good for kids to have activities outside of school and coming home. Ry on the other hand is a totally different story. She didn't want to play basketball because it involved too much running (I would have to agree with her) and she didn't want to play softball because it is too hot and there is no shade on the field (she does have a point). Needless to say, I told her she was playing one sport or the other, she was not going to come home and sit in front of the tv everyday. So, she ends up playing softball and loves it.

On another note, I am having a real hard time getting motivated today. It does not help that I have a headache. I need to fold two loads of clothes, sweep & mop and clean my bathroom, but I just cannot get with it today. I came home from tanning and took a nap hoping that my head would quit hurting, but it didn't. I had layed out a cut up chicken to cook and then remembered that Ry has practice tonight so I found a recipe in my crockpot cookbook and am going to try it. It involved chicken and scalloped potatoes (which I absolutely love). Hope it turns out good. I get tired of cooking the same stuff over & over. Well, I guess that is going to be it for today, I need to get the clothes folded and stuff picked up from last night since we got home so late.

Talk at ya later!!

1 comment:

Lianna Knight said...

I'm sorry you had a headache...how did the recipe turn out? If you liked it, you should share it! I'm always looking for crock pot recipes that I can put on, go to work and have ready when I get home :)