Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful

I am sitting here thinking about how thankful I am.

I am thankful for this man:

He is the absolute love of my life. He is a good man, a great dad and a wonderful husband. There is nobody else that I would want to spend my life with. He is a great provider which has made it possible for me to be a stay at home mom. I love this man with all of my heart!! We have had some ups and downs in our marriage, but we have learned and grown from them. I can honestly say without a doubt that I have never been happier.

I am thankful for these two wonderful girls:
I could not have asked for two better kids. They have brought so much joy to our lives as well as to the lives of the rest of our family. I cannot remember what my life was like before them, nor do I want to.

I am thankful for these two people:
If I was able, I could not have picked two better parents. They are great parents and wonderful grandparents. They have ALWAYS been there for me and I can go to them for anything. They have taught me so much and I could never repay them for the wonderful life that they provided for me and my sister. They taught us the importance of working hard, being honest and respecting others. Thank you mom and dad....I love you!!

I am thankful for my grandparents:

Aren't they just the cutest couple? :) I was so blessed to be given these two people (as well as my grandparents who have passed away) as grandparents. I cannot remember a time in my life where they have not been there. My birth, birthday parties, graduation, wedding day, birth of my kids (as well as all of their great-grandkids), birthday parties for my kids, hospitalizations (my mawmaw came down and took care of me when I had my tonsils taken out, I still remember her fixing me homemade chicken pot pie,..yummy). I have learned so much from these two. They love each other more than anything, they love their family, but most of all, they love the Lord and put Him first in their lives. They have been married over 60 years and I am sure that not all 60 years have been easy, but they have stuck it out and we, as their family, are all the more fortunate that they did. They have set a great example for their family to strive for.

There are more people that I am thankful for, but do not have pictures of: my sister and her husband, and all of my in laws. I could not ask for a better family and am so thankful for mine.








No comments: