Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life and Death

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.



On Friday, a new life came into our family. My sister and her husband are in the process of adopting a little 2 yr old girl and they picked her up on Friday. They are so excited, we are planning a shower for them at the end of May when they come down. We are all so happy for them. Hopefully in 6 months, the adoption will be finalized and she will be with her forever family. Roxi is her name and she is blessed to have my sister and Ryan as parents and we are blessed for her becoming a part of our family.



On Sunday, my great aunt (grandmothers sister) passed away. There used to be 5 sisters, now there are 3. I was able to go to the funeral in Silsbee yesterday and be with my grandmother. I debated on wether or not to go due to the weather being really bad but the weather cooperated and I am so glad that I went. Some of my cousins and my mom had went up for the viewing, but I was not able to make it to that. When I got there yesterday, my grandmother just started crying. I am so glad that I was able to be there for her. She has always been there for any of us anytime that we need her or my grandpa. I drove them to the cemetery and then we went to lunch. It was so nice to get to spend some time with them.



A death is such an "in your face" reminder of how short life really is. One day you have it, the next day you don't. Just like, you are either a child of God, or you are not. There is no gray area in regards to that. Black or white...you are or you aren't. I am so thankful that I am a child of God and will enjoy a life in eternity. To me, death is not a bad thing, too me, death is the prize at the end of the race. I know where I am going, so I have nothing to fear. Am I a perfect example of a Christian? No, nor do I claim to be. I fail on a daily basis. Of course I know that I am going to have to answer for the things that I have done, as well as for answering for the times that I had the opportunity to tell someone about Christ and what he has done for me and my family, but failed to do so. That is not something I am proud of. I can only try to do better. I am constantly trying to do better in my spiritual walk. I do not believe that any of us will have the "perfect" spiritual relationship with the Lord. We can always do better, get closer, read The Word more. To me, nothing will ever be enough. Another way I fail on a daily basis is reading my Bible. Again, it is not something that I am proud of and it something that I am going to work on. I guess I am going to sign off on that note....

Stay Blessable!!

No comments: