Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Keeping It Real

Today I was reading one of my favorite blogs (Kelly's Korner)....I just love her blog. Anyway, on her post she was answering questions that were submitted. One of those questions was how to make your blog successful. I have wondered this MANY times. I am new to this whole blogging thing and although I enjoy it, sometimes I am just at a loss for words. Maybe I am afraid that I will come off sounding stupid or something. Kelly's advice was basically to "keep it real". Blog like you are not expecting anyone to read or much less even care about anything you have to say. By keeping it real it helps others relate to you. So, that is my goal (one of many), to just KEEP IT REAL!! If I do that, maybe this blogging thing will come easier to me. See, I have never been one to be real open and out there with others. Sure, if you ask, I will tell you.....but that only came after alot of therapy (ha ha ha). No seriously...when I was in high school, I went through a rough time. You know, the whole peer pressure thing. Anyway, I was hospitalized and did go through therapy. That is not a time in my life that I would care to relive again, but it was a time that molded me into the person that I am today and I would not trade it for the world. The best decision I could have made for myself was making the decision to get help for the feelings that I was going through and dealing with at the time. If I had not made that decision, I honestly do not know if I would be here today. In order to keep it real, you have to tell the bad with the good I guess. On that note, enough about that.

I would love for my blog to be successfull like Kelly's or Lianna's (Be thou a Knight) ONE DAY. I am not expecting this overnight success. I know that I am going to have to work at it and make it a point to post and be accessible. Lord knows I have time since I am now a SAHM :) Which might I add, I absolutely love being. Let me talk about that for a minute. I have never been able to stay at home with my girls who are now 11 & 7. I think part of me was afraid of giving up the security of a job and the additional income. However, once I really looked at things, I knew we could do it and to be perfectly honest, I don't even notice that we don't have my piddly income anymore. Maybe because 1/2 of it went to daycare. I love the fact that I can take my girls to school AND pick them up, we can go and do stuff during the summer and they are not stuck at daycare. I will never get these years with them back and I want to be PRESENT in their life ALL the time, not just when I get off of work. When I worked, it was always pick up the kids and go to practice (basketball or softball), come home, do homework, cook supper and get ready to go to bed and then do it all over again the next day. On the weekends it was games (basketball or softball) and then getting done whatever did not get done during the week...mainly laundry. NOW, life is so much less hectic and so much more fun. Yea, sure sometime I get bored, but if that is the price I have to pay in order to enjoy my life and my family, that is a small price to have to pay and will glady be bored. Which brings me to something else....motivation. I have so been lacking in that lately. Yesterday I did not even get out of my pj's. I have been sleeping late, not putting on my makeup, etc. How pathetic is that??? Nevermind, don't answer that. Starting tomorrow I am going to get up earlier (maybe about 7:30) and get fully dressed and ready for my day, even if I don't have anything planned. I have got to do better. So, on that note, I am going to get off of this computer and go accomplish something!!

Keeping it real....stay blessable!!

No comments: