Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Snow Day & the Flu


All I can say is this....IT IS COLD IN TEXAS!!! Yesterday they let the schools out at 2:00 and cancelled classes for today. We were expecting anywhere from 1-3 inches of snow last night but we got NONE!! However, there is alot of ice on the roads which makes for a bad driving experience when you are not used to having to drive in these conditions. So, needless to say, we are inside in our pajamas all day today. Not that I am complaining. I like lazy days like this, it is nice to be able to decompress from our busy life every now and then. Not sure what all I will get done today, but I do know that I need to work on laundry and my scrapbooking hutch and whatever else I can find to clean out and organize. I LOVE TO ORGANIZE, but that is for a different post!! Okay, that was random. Sorry! I know the bedrooms in this house need to be picked up, so maybe that will get done too. The kitchen definately needs to be picked up. Doodle decided to get up and cook breakfast and he NEVER cleans up after he cooks and it is driving me crazy to sit here and look at it as I am typing this post....

I have had a sick little girl this week. When I picked Ryleigh up from school on Monday she was complaining of a sore throat and headache, but was not running any fever. We went to Kristyn's volleyball practice that night and she got to feeling worse. At about 3:00 in the morning she woke up coughing and running a high fever. I called the pediatrician the next morning but they were booked for the day so the soonest I could get her in was 9:00 on Wednesday. So bright and early Wednesday we were headed to the drs office, where she tested positive for the flu. After getting her prescription we headed home and have been here ever since. I must say that the medicine they gave her worked pretty fast and she is doing alot better, but still has a nasty cough. Kristyn has since started coughing so I am giving them both cough medicine and hoping that Kristyn does not get any worse, she has a volleyball tournament this Sunday and really wants to play. So far it is just a cough and no fever so please pray that she does not get the flu....




Well, stay warm and thanks for dropping by!

No comments: